- Duration: 10 DAYS
- Location: KHONG ISLAND/ TAD LO/ LUANG PRABANG/ XIENG KHUANG/ VIENTIANE
- Places: PRIVATE TOUR
- Prix: Adventure
Laos is a land where elephants are deemed a sacred symbol of prosperity, ancient temples tell the story of its fascinating past, and the Mekong River is the lifeblood of the community. Once you set foot in Laos, you’ll immediately feel at one with nature. Let the country’s charmingly unspoiled landscape intrigue you to its dense jungles, mountains, caves, and rivers. Travel from Southern Laos, starting with the spectacular Wat Phou and the land of ‘four thousand islands’ for the countless islands as well as sandbars that straddle the Cambodian border. It is here where the Mekong’s waterways are at their prettiest, the palm-lined Don Khong, Don Det, and Don Khon provide amazing sunsets with astounding backdrops offering a true exert of Laos lifestyles. Then off to Luang Prabang, a laid-back town set on the banks of the Mekong River and captures the heart of every traveler that visits the old French-influenced city. Explore its gilded, picturesque Buddhist temples and rise early to witness the daily procession of saffron-clad monks collecting alms from the residents. Venture out into the heart of Laos to the mysterious Plain of Jars, an archaeological site dating back over 2000 years and visit indigenous tribes. The trip finishes with two days to relax and explore the tranquil capital city of Vientiane.
DAY 1. ARRIVAL – PAKSE – WAT PHU – KHONG ISLAND
Upon arrival, you are met and transfer to boat pier, we board the long tail motorboat downstream the Mekong to Champassak to visit the ruins of Wat Phu, the pre-Angkorian temple, one of Southeast Asia's most dramatically situated temples. We have time to explore these intriguing Khmer ruins, which are perched at the base of Mount Phu Kao. Wat Phu is one of the Lao World Heritage sites recognized by UNESCO in 2001, this wonderful archeological site of Khmer civilization dates back to the 9th century, predating the famous Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Here we also have a chance to visit some nearby Khmer temples and Buddhist shrines. After lunch we drive to the peaceful Khong Island, the largest in the 4000 islands region, on the way we stopover to at the villages of ban Phone Saat.
Overnight in Khong Island
DAY 2. KHONG ISLAND – SURROUNDING (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we enjoy a cruise venturing into the widest point of the Mekong River where thousands of islets become visible in dry season, giving this area a lovely name: Si Phan Done. Along the way, we stop at the Liphi waterfalls, one of the most beautiful waterfalls marking the end of Lao border to Cambodia, also known as the Samphamith. We also visit the fishing village of Ban Done Khone. On return, we take a short drive to the Lao – Cambodia border at Weukham, expect to be encaptivated by the sight of Khone Phapheng, which boasts South East Asia’s biggest waterfall, known as the Niagara of the east. If we are lucky, we may even see the rare freshwater Irrawaddy Mekong dolphin at Ban Hang Khone.
Overnight in Khong Island
DAY 3. KHONG ISLAND – TADLO (B/…/…)
Upon leaving Done Khone Island, we continue our journey towards Tadlo, through Boloven plateau. The Boloven Plateau is known for its cooler temperature being located high above the Mekong Valley. Rivers run off this high plateau in all directions and then plunge out to lush forests along in a series of spectacular surging waterfalls. A trip to the plateau provides a refreshing break from the heat and allows you to observe the cultivation of rich coffee, tea, cardamom, bananas, and other crops that can be seen en route. This trip gives visitors the chance to venture off the beaten track and to discover some of the lesser-known areas of Laos, exploring the wild beauty of this southern region. Upon arrival at Tad Lo waterfall, we visit the villages of Alak, Nge, and Katu, populated by ethnic minority groups.
DAY 4. TADLO - PAKSE – LUANG PRABANG (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we transfer back to Pakse, then transfer to airport for a flight to Luang Prabang by the afternoon flight. Upon arrival we transfer to hotel.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 5. LUANG PRABANG - PAKOU - LUANG PRABANG (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with it’s roofs sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Laotian architecture. We then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. En route, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where the local speciality of rice wine is produced. We also have time to visit Ban Xangkhong, Ban Xienglek, small villages well known for silk weavings and for Saa (jute) Papermaking.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 6. LUANG PRABANG – KHOUANGSI WATERFALLS (B/…/…)
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession. From there you will visit the morning Phosi Market where you will see such diverse offerings as dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, vegetables and hill-tribe weavings. Laos is also known for its traditional handicrafts, and today you will visit local village of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay and Ban Thapene. We also drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can splash around in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest paths.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 7. LUANG PRABANG – XIENGKHOUANG (ROAD) (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we visit the National Museum at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of artefacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through the last sovereign. The National Museum and the Central Market are not to be missed. After visiting these sights. Today, we drive 306km uphill a mountain surrounded by wonderful natural scenery to Xiengkhouang, which was devastated by American bombing between 1964 and 1973. Upon arrival, we transfer out to visit the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars are scattered all over the plateau. If time permits, we see the old capital of Muang Khoun and the nearby villages, home to the Hmong hill tribe people. They have an interesting local culture and a colorful history.
Overnight in Xiengkhuang
DAY 8. XIENGKHOUANG – VIENTIANE (FLIGHT) (B/…/…)
Following breakfast, we visit the Central Market. After you will have free time to explore the town further before catching our flight back to Vientiane. After checking into the hotel, time permiting we continue our sightseeing tour of the surrounding areas of Vientiane; we visit the impressive Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge and the Buddha Park, a a scattered enchanting collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures on the Mekong Riverside meadow, close to the Friendship Bridge. There are approximately 200 religious images dating back over 500 years, which were created by a mysterious monk spreading his philosophy on life and revealing his ideas about the universe. A spectacular view of over the Mekong River at sunset is a perfect way to finish the day.
Overnight in Vientiane
DAY 9. VIENTIANE - CITY TOUR (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we see the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket, the temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we stop enroute to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
In the afternoon we transfer out to see the Buddha Park, a scattered enchanting collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures on the Mekong Riverside meadow, close to the Friendship Bridge. There are approximately 200 religious images dating back over 500 years, which were created by a mysterious monk spreading his philosophy on life and revealing his ideas about the universe. A spectacular view of over the Mekong River at sunset is a perfect way to finish the day.
Overnight in Vientiane
DAY 10. VIENTIANE – DEPARTURE (B/…/…)
After breakfast, you are free at your leisure until transfer to airport.
√ Private transportation in private air-conditioned
√ Accommodation in twin shared
√ Private boat trip as stated in above sights
√ English speaking guide
√ Admission fee to administrative sights
√ Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
√ Gov't tax and service charge
√ Luggage handling
√ 2 bottles (600mml) of drinking water per day during the tour
X Visa stamping fee
X Domestic air ticket with airport tax
X Int'l air tickets to / from Laos
X Travel Insurance in all kinds
X Single room (quoted separately)
X Tip, drinks, personal account and others
Don't be hesitate to drop us an inquiry email at email@example.com and we will get back to you at the soonest.
- Step 1: Simply click "Enquiry Now" to request a quote for the package that you are interested in and complete the form with your requests or preferences.
- Step 2: One of our travel consultants will contact you within 24 hours to learn more about your travel plans
- Step 3: An initial itinerary will be sent within 24 – 48 hours and we will discuss your interests, budget, and any particular needs to design a perfect itinerary that suit you and the people you’re traveling with
- Step 4: After confirming the final version of your desired itinerary, the payment should be made via bank transfer or payment link, in order to secure your trip.
- Step 5: Stay in close touch with our expert team. Pack your suitcase, relax and be ready for an exciting holiday with us
Please also note down your phone number in the email or any contact details that you prefer us to reach you, Realistic Asia needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. This will also enable us to have efficient communication with you. All the information will be kept confidentially and you may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
PAYMENT AND DEPOSIT
- Payment Process
- Deposit: In order to secure your spot for the tour, an amount of 100% internal-flight tickets and 10% of land service are required to pay (the amount vary based each on tour basis). The amount should be made via bank transfer or our online payment method.
After receiving the deposit of your tour, a voucher confirmation will be sent to you within 24-48 hours.
- Final Payment: The balance of your tour will be made one month before the travel date. Payment by bank transfer or online payment is accepted.
- Payment Type
- Online payment by Credit Card with ONEPAY: We accept American Express, Visa card, MasterCard and JCB card since Realistic Asia is a verified member of OnePay System. Your card information will be protected during the transaction by using the security system with OnePay. Your invoice will be created when you confirmed the booking and send you the guideline to deposit your spot.
- By Bank Transfers: If you prefer to do the bank transfer, please contact us so we can send you the bank detail information. However, all the bank fee and foreign currency exchange have to be taken care at your end.
Realistic Asia must be informed in writing. Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive advice in writing and cancellation charges would apply as follows:
- 31 days and more before departure: 10% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 15-30 days before departure: 30% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 14 days and less before departure: 100% of the full payment.
- No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the full payment
CONDITION OF INSURANCE
- Realistic Asia demands that all clients going on our trips hold proper personal medical insurance. If clients do not hold insurances and refuse to sign on before departure, Realistic Asia reserves the right not to carry out the trip.
- Kindly acknowledge your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by signing and returning to Realistic Asia a copy of the present contract and of the attachment with all itineraries.
- Price based on twin sharing. Single Supplement fee surcharge
- Any un-utilized services, unused tours or hotel rooms are non-refundable
- Any amendment/cancellation made after the confirmed booking is nonrefundable
- Tour is available at the time of booking
- Itinerary may be changed upon the uncontrolled weather conditions