- Duration: 06 DAYS
- Location: LUANG PRABANG/ XIENG KHUANG/ VIENTIANE
- Places: PRIVATE TOUR
- Prix: Cultural & History
On this journey to Laos, we will take you to one of the most timeless, undiscovered and mystical destinations in Southeast Asia. Laos is quietly under the tourist radar compared with its Indochina neighbors, but it’s a real hidden gem of jungle adventures, riverside relaxation, and rich cultural traditions - perfect for those who like to take the road less traveled. Start in Luang Prabang, an ancient city that is rich in culture and history and has plenty to explore; from natural sites to religious buildings and elegant architecture. Rise early in the morning and witness or participate in the ancient Buddhist tradition before immersing yourself in the city’s local heritage. Then explore Xieng Khouang, home to the remarkable Plain of Jars, an enduring archaeological mystery. The Plain of Jars is a collection of 2,000-year-old stone jars ranging in size from 70cm up to 3 or 4 meters. To this day, the true origin, as well as the purpose of these huge jars, still remains a mystery. Head to Vientiane for your final nights, falling on colorful temples and the repurposed remnants of the colonial era. Nearby you can visit Pha That Luang, a stunning Hindu temple with an incredible history and explore the hundreds of old statues and carvings in Buddha Park.
DAY 1. ARRIVAL - LUANG PRABANG
On arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Luang Prabang is perhaps the best-preserved traditional city in Southeast Asia. The tranquility and charm of this town with its splendid natural scenery and cultural sights make it one of the most delightful places to visit in Laos. After a short rest, we visit the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrine of Wat Aham, Wat Mai; we then climb up to the top of Mount Phousi to explore the sacred, gilded stupa as well as capture a beautiful view of the city and the watch the setting sun as it is reflected on the Mekong River. From there, we visit the Night Market, where you can browse a lovely selection of handmade textiles, made by the local and hilltribe people surrounding Luang Prabang.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 2. LUANG PRABANG – PAK OU CAVE – KHOUANGSI WATERFALL (B/…/…)
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession.
AM: After breakfast, we enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a panaromic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious of Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Along the way, we stop at the small village of Ban Xanghai, where the local rice wine is distilled. We return to Luang Prabang in the afternoon, on the way we take a short drive to Ban Phanom, a small village well known for its hand weaving.
PM: We continue our excursion toward Khouangsi Waterfall, en route, we visit local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, Hmong Village, Ban Ou, Laoloum Village and Ban Thapene, Khmu Village, then drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can splash around in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest trails. We return to Luang Prabang by late afternoon and continue to Ban Xangkhong, a village well known for silk handweaving and for traditional Saa Paper making. We return to the city by late evening to observe the sunset at Wat Siphouthabath.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 3. LUANG PRABANG – XIENGKHOUANG (ROAD) (B/…/…)
After breakfast we visit the The National Museum (close Tuesday) at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of artefacts, which reflect the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through the last sovereign. Today we leave this charming town and drive to Xieng Khouang, an area once devastated by American bombings between 1964 and 1973. These back roads are a great way to explore the real Laos. We see very few other travellers, mostly rural dwellers who are just as interested in finding out about our lives as we are of theirs. The drive is very long, but we can make many stops at our pleasure, to stretch our legs and take some wonderful photographs. In the afternoon there will be time to see the old capital of Muang Khoun Province and its' nearby villages.
Overnight in Xiengkhuang
DAY 4. XIENGKHOUANG – VIENTIANE (FLIGHT) (B/…/…)
Following breakfast at Hotel, we transfer out to visit the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site encompassing hundreds of large stone jars scattered throughout the plateau. We then board our short flight to the charming and fascinating Lao capital Vientiane. On arrival we check in to the hotel.
Overnight in Vientiane
DAY 5. VIENTIANE – CITY TOUR (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we see the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket, the temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we stop enroute to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
In the afternoon we transfer out to see the Buddha Park, a scattered enchanting collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures on the Mekong Riverside meadow, close to the Friendship Bridge. There are approximately 200 religious images dating back over 500 years, which were created by a mysterious monk spreading his philosophy on life and revealing his ideas about the universe. A spectacular view of over the Mekong River at sunset is a perfect way to finish the day.
Overnight in Vientiane
DAY 6. VIENTIANE – DEPARTURE (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we transfer to the airport for our departure flight.
√ Private transportation in private air-conditioned
√ Accommodation in twin shared
√ Private boat trip as stated in above sights
√ English speaking guide
√ Admission fee to indicated sights
√ Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
√ Gov’t tax and service charge
√ Luggage handling
√ 2 bottles (600mml) of drinking water per day during the tour
X Visa stamping fee
X Domestic air ticket with airport tax
X Int’l air tickets to / from Laos
X Travel Insurance in all kinds
X Single room (quoted separately)
X Tip, drinks, personal expenses and others
Don't be hesitate to drop us an inquiry email at email@example.com and we will get back to you at the soonest.
- Step 1: Simply click "Enquiry Now" to request a quote for the package that you are interested in and complete the form with your requests or preferences.
- Step 2: One of our travel consultants will contact you within 24 hours to learn more about your travel plans
- Step 3: An initial itinerary will be sent within 24 – 48 hours and we will discuss your interests, budget, and any particular needs to design a perfect itinerary that suit you and the people you’re traveling with
- Step 4: After confirming the final version of your desired itinerary, the payment should be made via bank transfer or payment link, in order to secure your trip.
- Step 5: Stay in close touch with our expert team. Pack your suitcase, relax and be ready for an exciting holiday with us
Please also note down your phone number in the email or any contact details that you prefer us to reach you, Realistic Asia needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. This will also enable us to have efficient communication with you. All the information will be kept confidentially and you may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
PAYMENT AND DEPOSIT
- Payment Process
- Deposit: In order to secure your spot for the tour, an amount of 100% internal-flight tickets and 10% of land service are required to pay (the amount vary based each on tour basis). The amount should be made via bank transfer or our online payment method.
After receiving the deposit of your tour, a voucher confirmation will be sent to you within 24-48 hours.
- Final Payment: The balance of your tour will be made one month before the travel date. Payment by bank transfer or online payment is accepted.
- Payment Type
- Online payment by Credit Card with ONEPAY: We accept American Express, Visa card, MasterCard and JCB card since Realistic Asia is a verified member of OnePay System. Your card information will be protected during the transaction by using the security system with OnePay. Your invoice will be created when you confirmed the booking and send you the guideline to deposit your spot.
- By Bank Transfers: If you prefer to do the bank transfer, please contact us so we can send you the bank detail information. However, all the bank fee and foreign currency exchange have to be taken care at your end.
Realistic Asia must be informed in writing. Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive advice in writing and cancellation charges would apply as follows:
- 31 days and more before departure: 10% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 15-30 days before departure: 30% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 14 days and less before departure: 100% of the full payment.
- No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the full payment
CONDITION OF INSURANCE
- Realistic Asia demands that all clients going on our trips hold proper personal medical insurance. If clients do not hold insurances and refuse to sign on before departure, Realistic Asia reserves the right not to carry out the trip.
- Kindly acknowledge your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by signing and returning to Realistic Asia a copy of the present contract and of the attachment with all itineraries.
- Price based on twin sharing. Single Supplement fee surcharge
- Any un-utilized services, unused tours or hotel rooms are non-refundable
- Any amendment/cancellation made after the confirmed booking is nonrefundable
- Tour is available at the time of booking
- Itinerary may be changed upon the uncontrolled weather conditions