- Duration: 8 DAYS
- Location: SIEM REAP/ PHNOM PENH/ KAMPUNG THOM/ KAMPUNG CHAM
- Places: PRIVATE TOUR
- Prix: Cultural & History
Uncover the secrets of Cambodia’s mystical land during eight full days of exploration and adventure. Explore these sacred temples from Angkor Wat to Ta Prohm with a knowledgeable local guide. Trek through the dense, steamy Cambodian jungle to admire Hindu sculptures that were carved into a riverbed over a thousand years ago and be awed not only by the ruins but by stories of lost civilizations, ancient mythology, and fascinating folklore. Travel from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, stopover at Kampong Thom, literally means "big town on the river", visit the oldest temples in Cambodia ( dating back to the 6th century): Sambor Prei Kuk. This is a cluster of ancient temples which may have provided the inspiration for Angkor Wat built five centuries later. Experience everyday life in rural Cambodia in Kampong Thom and Kampong Cham before heading to a bustling city Phnom Penh. Delve into the history of Cambodia's cultural capital and perceive the combination of colonial French architecture and Buddhist dwellings.
DAY 01: SIEM REAP ARRIVAL
Pick up from the airport and transfer to the hotel check in. The same afternoon, we first start our visit to jungle covered temple of Ta Prohm is an incredible sight. There are enormous fig trees and gigantic creepers which embrace themselves in the stone foundations of the structure giving the impression of man's creation being reclaimed by the powerful forces of nature. Early this evening, we will take the Tuk Tuk (the local transportation) to cruise around the town.
Overnight at the hotel in Siem Reap
DAY 02: SIEM REAP (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Visit Banteay Srei, constructed at the late 10th century by a Brahmin counselor under a powerking Rajendarvarman. It was loosely translated to citadel of the woman, but it is a modern appellation that probably refers to the delicate beauty of the carvings. En-route stop at Pre Rub (turn the body), was constructed in late 10th century dedicated to Hindu gods. This reflects the common belief among Cambodians that funerals were conducted at the temple. Afternoon, Visit Angkor Thom, the South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple, built from the late 12th century to the early 13th century by King Jayavarman VII and consists of 54 towers, the Royal Enclosure, the Phimeanakas, the Elephants Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King, then Visit Angkor Wat, the largest temples in world and covers an area of 200 hectares and surrounded by moat and an exterior wall measuring 1300 meters x 1500 meters.
Overnight at the hotel in Siem Reap
DAY 03: SIEM REAP – PREAH VIHEAR (B)
Today, you will go to the Preah Vihear temple. This temple is located at the top of a mountain range called the Damrek Mountains and lies at an altitude of 600m. The location is absolutely stunning. We will then take a 4xwheel drive (pick-up truck) from the foot of the mountain to reach the Preah Vihear temple. Located at Svay Chrum Village, Kan Tout Commune, Choam Ksan District, on the mountain rank of Dang Rek (Preah Vihear Mountain is 800 Meters x 400 Meters). Preah Vihear temple, which took over 300 years to complete the construction by a few famous Khmer kings, was firstly built from 893 by the king Yasovarman I who ruled the country from 889 to probably 910. The majority of temple edifice was established by king Suryavarman I (1002 - 1049) and finally the temple was completed during the reign of great king Suryavarman II (1113 – 1150), the well-known king who was the founder of magnificent temple of Angkor Wat at Siem Reap province (Rooney 2006). King Suryavarman II known as a great khmer king who dominated the Khorat Plateau, Lopburi and even further north in Thailand and he extended the Khmer Empire to the border of Pagan in Myanmar; and south into the northern part of the Malay Peninsula (Coe D. 2004). The main purpose of the temple is the mountain temple which is the symbol of sacred mountain “Meru” where is the abode of all the gods of Hindu. The temple was mainly dedicated to the supreme god “Shiva” (Rooney 2006). Return from the top of mountain and direct to Preah Vihear province and overnight.
Overnight at the hotel in Siem Reap
DAY 04: PREAH VIHEAR (FABALOUS SUNRISE) – KOMPUNG THOM (B)
Breakfast at hotel and today we will drive to Kampong Thom. Along the road, a few stops will be made. The roads are in reasonable condition and the landscape is deserted but magnificent. In Kampong Thom, you will check into the hotel and you can spend the evening at your own leisure.
Overnight at the hotel in Kampung Thom.
DAY 05: KOMPUNG THOM – KOMPUNG CHAM (B)
The Kampong Thom town and province are especially known for Sambor Prei Kuk. This is a temple complex that dates from the 6th and 7th century. This is the oldest complex in Cambodia and is beautifully located in the forests of Kampong Thom. A drive of about an hour will take you to the temples, where you can rent a bike from the local inhabitants. Together with your guide, you will visit the three main temples. Ride the narrow pathways through the forest and discover a temple, completely overgrown, around the corner. After lunch time, you will return to Kampong and travel to Kampong Cham. You will visit Hancey pagoda where you can see a beautiful pagoda built on a hill with a spectacular view of the Mekong River. Watch the monks and monkeys living in this temple complex. Extensive fields and rubber plantations form the scenery of today´s stage that brings us to Kampong Cham.
Overnight at the hotel in Kampung Cham
DAY 06: KOMPUNG CHAM – PHNOM PENH (B)
In the morning we will discover the island driving. Dirt tracks join small settlements, so this is a good way to get to know the local community and their way of life. We park our vehicle and we continue our trip by horse-cart. Its time to leave the island and drive along the Mekong River. On the way we will stop at a local market where you can try regional delicacies, like fried spider! In the afternoon we will be in the capital city of Cambodia.
Overnight in Phnom Penh.
DAY 07: PHNOM PENH (B)
After breakfast, today visit The Royal Palace, the incredible solid silver-floored Silver Pagoda is the pagoda which in the Royal Palace campus, where have thousand of silver tiles on the floor of pagoda and have the biggest golden Buddha statue. Silver Pagoda is in the Royal Palace Compound made of 5000 silver tiles. Raung Damrei Museum continue to visit National Museum, over 5000 objects are on display including Angkorian era statu, lingas and other artifacts. Visit Royal Palace is a royal residence now where His Majesty, the King of Cambodia, and the royal families live. it is like a small town of royal dynasties. Continue to Silver Pagoda, serves less as a functioning temple than a repository for cultural treasures such as 90 kg golden Buddha encrusted with 2086 diamonds. We spend the rest of time at Phnom Penh’s Psar Toul Tom Pong, known as the Russian Market, a great place to hunt for souvenirs, curios, and silks. Finally visit Wat Phnom Temple is one of the most important pagodas in Phnom Penh. Built in 1373 on an artificial hill by the wealthy widow Daun Chi Penh.
Accommodation in Phnom Penh
DAY 08: PHNOM PENH - DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast at the hotel – Free and transfer to the airport for the flight departure
In the event of local or religious festivals, unforeseen circumstances bad weather conditions, the sequence of the itinerary is subject to change without prior notice. The activities will be replaced or cancelled without prior notice for safety reasons. Alternative sightseeing or activities will be subject to on-site situation.
√ Private tours with Local English speaking guide
√ A/C transport throughout the tours and all Transfers
√ Entrance fee to any applicable tourist sites
√ Meals as indicated (B=breakfast only)
√ Other tours related service stated in the itinerary
√ Cold water and towel during the trip
√ Government tax & Service charge
√ Hotel accommodation (based on twin/double sharing room)
√ Tuk tuk ride
√ Boat cruise as mentioned
X International flight ticket
X Domestic flight PNH – REP, REP – PNH and REP – KOS or Vice Versa
X Visa stamps upon arrival of $30.00 per person
X Compulsory Gala Dinner on 24 Dec and 31 Dec
X Other meals not mentioned
X Tips & personal expenses
X Other not stated above
X Travel insurance
Don't be hesitate to drop us an inquiry email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you at the soonest.
- Step 1: Simply click "Enquiry Now" to request a quote for the package that you are interested in and complete the form with your requests or preferences.
- Step 2: One of our travel consultants will contact you within 24 hours to learn more about your travel plans
- Step 3: An initial itinerary will be sent within 24 – 48 hours and we will discuss your interests, budget, and any particular needs to design a perfect itinerary that suit you and the people you’re traveling with
- Step 4: After confirming the final version of your desired itinerary, the payment should be made via bank transfer or payment link, in order to secure your trip.
- Step 5: Stay in close touch with our expert team. Pack your suitcase, relax and be ready for an exciting holiday with us
Please also note down your phone number in the email or any contact details that you prefer us to reach you, Realistic Asia needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. This will also enable us to have efficient communication with you. All the information will be kept confidentially and you may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
PAYMENT AND DEPOSIT
- Payment Process
- Deposit: In order to secure your spot for the tour, an amount of 100% internal-flight tickets and 10% of land service are required to pay (the amount vary based each on tour basis). The amount should be made via bank transfer or our online payment method.
After receiving the deposit of your tour, a voucher confirmation will be sent to you within 24-48 hours.
- Final Payment: The balance of your tour will be made one month before the travel date. Payment by bank transfer or online payment is accepted.
- Payment Type
- Online payment by Credit Card with ONEPAY: We accept American Express, Visa card, MasterCard and JCB card since Realistic Asia is a verified member of OnePay System. Your card information will be protected during the transaction by using the security system with OnePay. Your invoice will be created when you confirmed the booking and send you the guideline to deposit your spot.
- By Bank Transfers: If you prefer to do the bank transfer, please contact us so we can send you the bank detail information. However, all the bank fee and foreign currency exchange have to be taken care at your end.
Realistic Asia must be informed in writing. Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive advice in writing and cancellation charges would apply as follows:
- 31 days and more before departure: 10% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 15-30 days before departure: 30% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 14 days and less before departure: 100% of the full payment.
- No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the full payment
CONDITION OF INSURANCE
- Realistic Asia demands that all clients going on our trips hold proper personal medical insurance. If clients do not hold insurances and refuse to sign on before departure, Realistic Asia reserves the right not to carry out the trip.
- Kindly acknowledge your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by signing and returning to Realistic Asia a copy of the present contract and of the attachment with all itineraries.
- Price based on twin sharing. Single Supplement fee surcharge
- Any un-utilized services, unused tours or hotel rooms are non-refundable
- Any amendment/cancellation made after the confirmed booking is nonrefundable
- Tour is available at the time of booking
- Itinerary may be changed upon the uncontrolled weather conditions