- Duration: 4 DAYS
- Location: VIENTIANE/ LUANG PRABANG
- Places: PRIVATE TOUR
- Prix: Cultural & History
Laos remains relatively undiscovered and untouched by development, which is nonetheless bursting with pride, history, and color. In this compact four-day trip, you’ll soak up the best of what Laos has to offer through its two major cities. Travel from the gilded capital Vientiane, an interesting mix of Buddhist temples and French patisseries where evidence of French colonial rule still exists among the myriad wats and stupas. Visit the holiest site of the country, the golden stupa of Pha That Luang, a famous monument was built in the 16th-century and Vientiane's Arc de Triumph, a worthwhile site to visit. Then off to to the lush forests and limestone cliffs of Luang Prabang. Float past the cliffs of the Nam Ou River, and visit the cliff-face caves of Pak Ou, replete with several thousand tiny Buddha statues. Strolling through the colorful night market and you’ll get a feel for the rhythms of life in Laos
DAY 1. ARRIVAL – VIENTIANE
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiene is a fascinating capital, with a fusion of Lao, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, and American influences. This charming and easygoing city will provide a smooth introduction to Laos. After a short check-in, the rest of time, free at your leisure.
Overnight in Vientiane
DAY 2. VIENTIANE – LUANG PRABANG (B/…/…)
AM: After breakfast, we start to visit the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we will stop to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. From there, we visit the central market known as the ‘Morning Market’ which is a great place for browsing antiques, handmade textiles and gifts.
PM: We board our short flight to the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage City Luang Prabang, which is perhaps the best - preserved traditional city in Southeast Asia. The tranquility and charm of this town with its splendid natural scenery and cultural sights make it one of the most delightful places to visit in Asia. On arrival, we transfer you to hotel. After a short rest, we climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as viewing a beautiful and panoramic sunset over the ancient and once royal city and the Mekong River. We then stroll around the Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of textiles made by the local and the hilltribe people surrounding Luang Prabang.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 3. LUANG PRABANG – PAK OU CAVE (B/…/…)
After breakfast, we enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple of impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham, Wat Mai, Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious of Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Along the way, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine. On our way back, we pass the local villages at Ban Xiengmene and Ban Chan continue to see the royal temple at Wat Longkhoun, which once belonged to a royal family patronage near by Sackarine Caves. We cross to city and take a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village well known for its hand weaving.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
DAY 4. LUANG PRABANG – DEPARTURE (B/…/…)
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession. This is a real highlight of the tour prior to saying goodbye to this charming city. Following breakfast, we visit The National Museum at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of the artefacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through to the last sovereign. After we visit the silver smith’s and Fine Arts School and the Central Market, which is not to be missed. We then say farewell and depart this ancient city.
√ Private transportation in private air-conditioned
√ Accommodation in twin shared
√ Private boat trip as stated in above sights
√ English speaking guide
√ Admission fee to indicated sights
√ Meals: daily breakfast at hotel
√ Gov’t tax and service charge
√ Luggage handling
√ 2 bottles (600mml) of drinking water per day during the tour
X Visa stamping fee
X Domestic air ticket with airport tax
X Int’l air tickets to / from Laos
X Travel Insurance in all kinds
X Single room (quoted separately)
X Tip, drinks, personal expenses and others
Don't be hesitate to drop us an inquiry email at email@example.com and we will get back to you at the soonest.
- Step 1: Simply click "Enquiry Now" to request a quote for the package that you are interested in and complete the form with your requests or preferences.
- Step 2: One of our travel consultants will contact you within 24 hours to learn more about your travel plans
- Step 3: An initial itinerary will be sent within 24 – 48 hours and we will discuss your interests, budget, and any particular needs to design a perfect itinerary that suit you and the people you’re traveling with
- Step 4: After confirming the final version of your desired itinerary, the payment should be made via bank transfer or payment link, in order to secure your trip.
- Step 5: Stay in close touch with our expert team. Pack your suitcase, relax and be ready for an exciting holiday with us
Please also note down your phone number in the email or any contact details that you prefer us to reach you, Realistic Asia needs the contact information you provide to us to contact you about our products and services. This will also enable us to have efficient communication with you. All the information will be kept confidentially and you may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
PAYMENT AND DEPOSIT
- Payment Process
- Deposit: In order to secure your spot for the tour, an amount of 100% internal-flight tickets and 10% of land service are required to pay (the amount vary based each on tour basis). The amount should be made via bank transfer or our online payment method.
After receiving the deposit of your tour, a voucher confirmation will be sent to you within 24-48 hours.
- Final Payment: The balance of your tour will be made one month before the travel date. Payment by bank transfer or online payment is accepted.
- Payment Type
- Online payment by Credit Card with ONEPAY: We accept American Express, Visa card, MasterCard and JCB card since Realistic Asia is a verified member of OnePay System. Your card information will be protected during the transaction by using the security system with OnePay. Your invoice will be created when you confirmed the booking and send you the guideline to deposit your spot.
- By Bank Transfers: If you prefer to do the bank transfer, please contact us so we can send you the bank detail information. However, all the bank fee and foreign currency exchange have to be taken care at your end.
Realistic Asia must be informed in writing. Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive advice in writing and cancellation charges would apply as follows:
- 31 days and more before departure: 10% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 15-30 days before departure: 30% of the full payment + airfare cancellation fees (if any).
- 14 days and less before departure: 100% of the full payment.
- No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the full payment
CONDITION OF INSURANCE
- Realistic Asia demands that all clients going on our trips hold proper personal medical insurance. If clients do not hold insurances and refuse to sign on before departure, Realistic Asia reserves the right not to carry out the trip.
- Kindly acknowledge your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by signing and returning to Realistic Asia a copy of the present contract and of the attachment with all itineraries.
- Price based on twin sharing. Single Supplement fee surcharge
- Any un-utilized services, unused tours or hotel rooms are non-refundable
- Any amendment/cancellation made after the confirmed booking is nonrefundable
- Tour is available at the time of booking
- Itinerary may be changed upon the uncontrolled weather conditions