10 Exceptional Day Itineraries For First-Time Travelers
Like any other dream city in the travel itinerary, Vietnam is one of the must-travel destinations on the bucket list to revel in an intoxicating experience. Among the variety of tourist attractions, it’s challenging to find a place to go. Therefore, this blog post is created to help you figure out the key tourist spots while maximizing the interesting experiences you might get during a short amount of time.
Day 1: Discover the capital city of Vietnam – Hanoi
Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam gathered well-reserved cultures from time to time. Many overwhelming things are awaiting first-time travelers to see around. Whether the bustling street scattered with street vendors selling world-renowned dishes like Banh my (Vietnamese sandwich), sticky rice cakes, etc., or an excursive tour discovering historic sites, architecture and the old quarter are worth trying at least once.
Hanoi will be a charming city to start your travel itinerary tour. Don’t miss this chance to contemplate the culture, history, and unique identity of this city. Below are the things you should definitely do and see in Hanoi:
- Wander around Hoan Kiem Lake
- Discover the Old Quarter to admire the heart of this ancient city.
- Get in the Vespa tour to creep along the traffic line on the street.
- You can opt to join a private Vietnamese puppet show performed by talented Vietnamese performers.
- Participating in the cooking class to get hands-on experience on how to make some traditional Vietnamese dishes.
- Embark on the walking street food tour to sample the best dishes in the city
- Experience vibrant and dynamic nightlife like a local
Day 2 – 3: Sapa Trekking Tour
Sapa is a perfect hideaway from the bustle of city life and to be immersed in the tranquility of mountainous areas. Sapa depicts the mesmerizing spreading of rice paddies and ethnic minority villages. The popular way to arrive at Sapa is by train from Hanoi to Lao Cai station. Normally, people will get on the night train at around 9 or 10 p.m to reach Sapa early in the morning after an eight-hour journey. The trekking tour through the enormous rice paddy field will be an off-the-beaten-path journey to discover around. In the afternoon, you will drink fine wine while having conversations with local people to get to know more about their lives.
Day 4 – 5: Marvel on Halong Bay Cruise
The world-famous UNESCO World Heritage Site consists of 1600 islands and islets over the emerald water creating spectacular limestone karst islands. One of the best ways to appreciate the beauty of this island is by taking part in a night cruise to explore the untouched beauty of those islands. After a sound sleep on the cruise, you’ll practice a Tai Chi lesson on the deck and savor a delicious meal on board whilst enjoying the morning hues of sunshine.
Day 6 – 8: Discover Hoi An Ancient Town
Hoi An Ancient Town witnesses the fusion of French, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese influence. It reflects in the unique architecture of buildings, houses here. Hoi An is a well-preserved site that retains its aesthetic values over time. You can wander around the narrow alleys to see the relaxed pace of life along the riverside. You can also hop on rented bicycles to discover this wonderful town or nearby beach. An Bang beach which is located just 4 miles outside of Hoi An is an ideal place for relaxation.
Day 8 – 9: Explore Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Sai Gon) is a remarkable commercial center of Vietnam. Spending two days here will help you dig down more about Vietnamese culture and its glorious past via paying a visit to the following sites:
- The War Remnants Museum: This place will give you an insight into the past, to understand more about Vietnam culture.
- Cu Chi Tunnels: Discover the tunnels which is a network of tunnels used by Vietnamese soldiers during American-Vietnam war. While crawling along the tunnel, you will figure out how hard life is for soldiers as well as their brave and resilience.
- Rooftop bar and street food tour: Being a dynamic city, Ho Chi Minh offers a wide range of beverages and top-notch dishes that you might have never tried before.
Day 10: Depart Ho Chi Minh City
Spend the rest of the time discovering the city on your own. Your schedule will be flexible depending on your flight departure time.
To see more itinerary ideas see our Special Offers page or find even more ideas check out our partner’s suggestions for Asia tours.